top of page
ABOUT DELTA SIGMA PI
Delta Sigma Pi is a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity and the association of students for their mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote closer affiliation between the commercial world and students of commerce, and to further a higher standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare of the community.
Delta Sigma Pi was created on November 7, 1907, by Alexander Frank Makay, Alfred Moysello, Henry Albert Tienken and Harold Valentine Jacobs at the School of Commerce, Accounts and Finance of New York University. In 1920, H.G. "Gig" Wright became the first Grand President of Delta Sigma Pi. The Central Office was established in Chicago, Illinois in 1924. In the fall of 1956, the Central Office was moved to the current headquarters at 330 South Campus Avenue in Oxford, Ohio. Today, there are 209 active chapters and nearly 250,000 initiates of the Delta Sigma Pi Professional Fraternity.
Henry Albert Tienken Alexander Frank Makay
Harold Valentine Jacobs Alfred Moysello
bottom of page